How Many Red Cards Has Cristiano Ronaldo Received?
Cristiano Ronaldo, the almighty soccer player–but how many times has he gotten the RED cards? Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best footballers of our generation, right up there with Lionel Messi. While Ronaldo has amassed several trophies and individual accolades, he’s also racked up a few red cards. Ronaldo has been sent off a grand total of 10 times in his entire career, whereas Lionel Messi has been sent off once in 10 years in Barcelona.
Red Cards at Real Madrid
Over his career at Real Madrid and before joining Juventus, Cristiano Ronaldo has been sent off 5 times. Here is a compilation of the times he was sent off:
- Red Card 1: The first time Ronaldo was sent off was against Almeria in the Santiago Bernabeu, for two yellow cards. One was for rejoicing a goal without his shirt
- Red Card 2: The second was for bumping Mtiliga of Malaga.
- Red Card 3: Ronaldo received his third red card in the final of the 2013 Copa del Rey, for jolting out at Gabi’s face afterward being fouled.
- Red Card 4: The fourth was in late February in the San Mames, wherever he got in a scrap by Iturraspe.
- Red Card 5: And lastly, the fifth red card was against Cordoba, for a hit out at Edimar.
Red Cards at Manchester United
While Cristiano Ronaldo played for Manchester United, he was sent off four times. Here, we look at the times he was dismissed while playing for the red devils:
- Red Card 1: This was Ronaldo’s first career Red card, which came in the English Premier League against Aston Villa. The card was rescinded after he was found not guilty of simulating in the penalty area.
- Red Card 2: Ronaldo’s second red came in a loss to Manchester City back in 2006. Ronaldo was sent off after a reckless stud up a challenge against Andrew Cole.
- Red Card 3: Ronaldo was then sent off against Portsmouth after the referee saw a headbutt.
- Red Card 4: Ronaldo received another card against Manchester City after getting two yellow cards. The referee in charge of the game - Howard Webb.
Lionel Messi Versus Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi has been promoted as the less aggressive player between the two. While both players draw fouls consistently, Ronaldo is guilty of committing fouls at a higher rate than Messi. This is possibly why the Portuguese striker has a higher number of red cards. In distinction, Messi has one career red card despite steadily taking a beating from superior opponents. While he was sent off, it was for an elbow as he tried to shake off a Hungarian protector who was grabbing him.
The contrast isn’t quite as understandable when comparing yellow cards. Ronaldo has gotten 131 yellow cards in his career. Messi has been warned 68 times. Through this metric, Messi seems to be far better at regulating his temper while on a yellow compared to Cristiano Ronaldo.Tags :
- Betting Guide
- Betting Help
- Betting Strategy
- Sports Betting
- Profitable Trends
- Soccer Players
- World Cup
- Betting Tips
- Team Reviews
- Player Analysis
- League Reviews
- Club Reviews
- Betting Market
- Manager Reviews
- Match Preview
- Soccer Betting
- Soccer Picks Web Series
- Betting System
- Betting Trends Web Series
- Players Analysis
- League review
- Southamerican soccer